Due to its close proximity to the European sports region with the world-famous towns of Zell am See and Kaprun, Bruck offers a wide range of sports and leisure opportunities.
Sport and fun in the Salzburg region
- Bruck is the starting point of the Grossglockner High Alpine Road – the place is right at the foot of the highest mountain in Austria.
- The Großglockner – in the heart of the Hohe Tauern – an unforgettable experience.
- Forcing the Großglockner (Austria’s highest mountain) is for
Cyclists and mountain bikers is one of the greatest challenges
- Pinzgau cycle path – 1200 km
- Relax at the Zeller See – only 3.5 km away one of the bathing beaches invites you – drinking water quality – boat rental – sailing school – surfing school
- Rafting center in Taxenbach
Glacier skiing on the Kitzsteinhorn
Tennis & Golf:
- Tennis courts in town – in Zell am See, Kaprun
- Golf: two 18-hole championship courses in Zell am See – the largest golf course in the Austrian Alps
Hiking & climbing
Hiking trails – alpine climbing – zoo – children’s adventure park in Ferleiten approx. 15 km)
- Paragliding – hang gliding in Zell am See – the Pinzgau is one of the best cross-country flight areas in Austria
- Skydiving – flight school in Zell am See
- Alpine sightseeing flight with glider pilot
- Go-kart open-air track Meissner in Leogang – 400 m open-air kart track, floodlights, rental overalls, helmets
- The Krimml Waterfalls (approx. 50 km – the largest waterfalls in Europe)
- The Kitzlochklamm near Taxenbach
- The Tauern power plant with its reservoirs in Kaprun
- The state capital Salzburg (approx. 90 km) with museums, churches, fortress, zoo, Hellbrunn, Mozart’s birthplace, festivals, theater, concerts, etc.
- Local museums and mines, various exhibitions
- The Salzburger Land is located in the center of Austria – the provincial capitals such as Innsbruck and Vienna are easily accessible.